As a business owner, the thought of having your own space to run your business can be truly exciting and fulfilling. However, choosing to rent an office location in the UK is a significant decision. Thus, it is essential to carefully consider and plan before proceeding with the implementation.
Entrepreneurs, startups, or freelancers love co-working spaces as they are a collaborative and affordable way to find work spaces for rent in the UK. However, while looking for office space for rent in the UK, there are a few things that one has to keep in mind before finalising the location.
Find The Right Office Space for Your Business
When looking to rent office space in London, finding a suitable office space that will suit the requirements is essential.
Type of the Office Space
Choosing an office space that will suit the company’s needs is critical. First, one has to assess the need for ample space. Or a room-to-grow space? Deciding the space’s size requirement and the business strategy is essential. If the idea is to grow the business further shortly, it is better to rent office space that provides an opportunity to expand.
Focus on the Location
Location is one of the most critical factors when looking for office space to rent in London. Do thorough research on where the office space will be located. There are several factors to consider before finalising the location.
- Look at areas where businesses/people from the same industry reside.
- Identify the location that will be suitable and closer to the customers, clients, and staff.
- Look for a location that has good public transport links.
- Try to assess the parking facilities available along with other local amenities.
- Availability of furniture and equipment in the location.
- Overall condition of the commercial property.
Consider the Factor of Cost
Cost plays a significant role when looking for office space for rent. It will be a recurring fixed cost and thus requires the necessary focus.
Research Rent in Different Locations
If you are a start-up or an established business, rent is a critical metric to consider, as one needs to save as much money as possible. Therefore, it is vital to thoroughly research the average rents in different locations before deciding. For comparatively lower rates, one can rent office space in London in a lesser-known location or any up-and-coming location.
Watch Out for Hidden or Extra Costs
While renting an office, it is essential to consider all the hidden or extra costs that one can encounter. In addition, there are additional costs, as highlighted below, that one must factor in.
- Deposit of rent
- Legal fees
- Registry fees
- Fee for assignment notice
- Additional services like telephone answering
- Local authority charges
- Moving cost
Analyse the Security Arrangements
Another major factor that one has to pay attention to before renting an office is security.
- Does the commercial space has a CCTV or intruder alarm, or will it be installed later?
- Is there a need for overnight security?
- How secure is the space, and who else can access the building?
Available Amenities and Facilities
- When getting a new office in the UK, check if the WiFi connection and phone lines are pre-installed or if it is something that the team will have to arrange.
- It is also crucial to check additional facilities and amenities in the location that will enrich the work environment.
- Having a café or a place with refreshments can be highly beneficial.
- Checking the availability of meeting rooms in the workplace should also be a high priority.
Check and Verify the Tenancy Agreement
Renting a workspace also requires a lease agreement, which is also called a tenancy agreement. Check all the terms before signing the agreement, as it will be legally binding. Check if the rent is fixed, other outgoings or costs, and variable expenses like air-conditioning or maintenance. It is also advisable to check the areas the team will have access to and if there are any restrictions on the office premises.
Why Go- Bermondsey?
Go-Bermondsey is a perfect blend of comfort and modern design that will help employees to work at their best. In addition, the well-furnished private offices provide businesses with the option and benefit of co-working space and private cabins. Not only does Go-Bermondsey provide the best infrastructure, amenities, and facilities, but it is also affordable.
Never rush your decision to rent office space in London. It is crucial to take a few days to re-consider all the options, and if the offer still feels good, go ahead! Consider all the factors along with your business needs and operations as you decide. While renting might feel intimidating for entrepreneurs and new businesses, with proper due diligence, it’s not.